Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Prefaces and Asides Podcast Episode 1 - The Muse of Molly Malloy

A full length audio drama, The Muse of Molly Malloy is the story of a trouble artist named Michael convicted of the murder of seven people, and a dark, evil place called simply "The Priory." In his last and only interview, Michael tells the whole terrifying truth.

 Cast & Crew
 Michael: Aaron Sailors
 Mr. Winston: Michael Spence
 Narrator: Julie Hoverson 
 Tech/Audio/SFX: Will Ross
 Writen By: Will Ross

1 comment:

  1. Hey Will,

    Just listened to this story (via 19 Nocturne), and I really enjoyed it. The Lovecraft piece you're thinking of is "Pickman's Model," and yeah, I can definitely see the heritage.

    About the feedback from the other guys: I'm going to side with you, here. One of the charms of Lovecraft's tale--and yours--is the ambiguity. Monsters unseen (or in this case, unheard), glimpsed out of the corner of our eyes, the shadow on the wall--these are all more scary than the thing revealed. The imagination is far more powerful, and scarier, than any flesh-and-blood creature; and I think this production is stronger for not having the wet, sloppy sounds of a human body being dismembered to "add" to the horror. It's horrific. I vote leave it be. (Not that my vote counts for anything, but that's my $0.02.)

    --M

    ReplyDelete